Sunday, February 23, 2014

HOW TO: Perfectly Creamed Butter and Sugar

It's always in recipes, I feel. Butter, sugar, together in a "coarse meal." But here are a couple tips on how to perfectly cream butter and sugar every time.


  • Always have butter at room temperature.
If your butter is soft, your life is gonna be sooo much easier. Try taking it out of the fridge 20 beforehand, or I like to heat it up in the wrapper for 20 seconds in the microwave. No more, no less.


  • Cut the butter into chunks
If the butter is in smaller pieces, it will be much easier to combine with the sugar


  • Start Slow, then Speed Up
I've found the way to get the creamiest possible mixture you could ever dream of. Start your mixer at a slow speed, letting all the sugar stick to it. Slowly increase your speed, letting the mixture be combine for a while on each level until you feel it needs to be faster. The key: take your time on each level and don't go too fast.



I hoped this was helpful! Maybe I'll do some more in the future. As for my trip to New Orleans. It got canceled because of the snow. Just kidding! Almost though, we got out just in time, and I took so many pictures, it took two devices to take them all. I can't wait to show you!
             -Rhode Island Red

No comments:

Post a Comment