Sunday, June 2, 2013

Banana Monkey Bread Muffins!


my mother didn't want me baking this weekend because it's like 90 degrees out but I did. yesterday i made chocolate chip cookies (shown in my precious post) and today i persuaded her into letting me make these. When i was done, she told me never to make them again. 

They are too good. I convinced to let me do it again, but right now I'll savor the ones I've got.


there were 11 originally


Now there's six


and a half..............  ;)


Banana Monkey Bread Muffins

  • 2 3/4 cups flour + extra
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk + extra
  • 2 mashed bananas
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter in a bowl
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Vanilla Glaze

  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. use your hands (i did) or a fork to work in the shortening until you have a fine meal. add the butter milk and bananas and mix until you have a dough. knead it a few times with your hands, adding flour if it's too sticky or buttermilk if you can't work in all the flour mixture.  stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  roll a piece of dough into a one inch ball. roll it in the bowl of butter, then roll it in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Put 3 balls in each cup. bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. let cool in pan. As soon as the muffins come out, stir together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. use a fork to drizzle it over the muffins. Makes about 12.


 

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check it out: http://bit.ly/10IKj1n

    ReplyDelete