Saturday, July 27, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!

I've been wanting to make these for my blog because all my friends are begging me to post the recipe. These muffins are seriously good; a recipe my mom clipped out of a penzey's magazine and has been making for as long as i can remember. A couple years ago, she decided to make them healthier. She has added awesome substitutions so they are dairy free and whole wheat. They taste exactly the same.

                                                           Instead of butter, we use:                                          


Sunsweet Butter/Oil Replacement (dried plum and apple preserves)

 Instead of white flour, we use:
Whole wheat flour


These things are so good!


This morning I was really lazy and I didn't feel like cleaning, so i used paper liners. you don't have to.


Yummy! I love these liners. I got them at stop & shop for $1.50 for 50! #prettypolkadots!


Side note: I'm sorry. I hate hashtags. I'll never do that again

And please never let your muffin be eaten alone.


Eat two.


Or three. :)


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

  • 1/2 cup softened butter or 1/4 cup  sunsweet butter/oil replacement
  • 1 1/14 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups white flour or whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 bag of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Line or grease 1 1/2 muffin pans. If you are using butter use and electric mixer, if you are using sunsweet, use a bowl and a whisk/wooden spoon/spatula. cream together butter of sunweet and sugar. beat in 1 egg at a time. stir in vanilla. in a separate bowl, sift (or whisk if you're lazy like me) together flour, baking soda and cinnamon. mix into wet mixture. fold in your mashed bananas. Fold in your chocolate chips. fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick/knife comes out clean. Let cool or eat immediately. store in sealed gallon bag or tupperware. makes about 18 muffins.




No comments:

Post a Comment