Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Time and Caramel Corn!

           I know I don't celebrate Christmas, but I still absolutely love the holiday. I love Christmas music, and holiday themed baked goods, and Christmas movies. The thought of decorating a sweet smelling evergreen with decorations that bring together the family, a morning filled with cinnamon buns and coffee cake and presents and family time. And don't forget the snow.




And with the holiday season, comes my mother's caramel corn. Caramel-Corn-Death-Camp is a symbol of the holidays, with caramel aromas and popcorny noises. I even snagged a couple pics.



check out my mother's popping device. 







For some of the corn, my mother likes to add some mix-ins. You can use anything, from nuts, dried fruits, melted chocolate ( that was the best year ever a good year), or anything else you might like.







and you can even mix in some crafts


all you'll need is scissors, pipe cleaners or ribbons, tags or labels, and some kind of packaging. This is a total DIY project, which will totally give you some credit with your teachers.

Have fun this holiday season! Leave me a comment down below if you'd like the caramel corn recipe!


P.S. i almost forgot! The Sweet Life of Rhode Island Red has been and active blog for a year now! Hooray for us!












No comments:

Post a Comment