Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Art of the Brick!

New York City: Part 1

Nathan Sawaya is a sculptor. His medium: Legos! Using thousands of lego bricks, he recreates classic pieces, and designs new, intoxicatingly fun ones too. And to think, he only uses legos and glue!


here are a couple classic pieces

Mona Lisa
The Scream

Easter Island Head

Starry Night



American Gothic




Venus de Milo



Seated Buddha



The Thinker




Here are some of his own designs that I really enjoyed








I really liked these three pieces. Especially the first one. It's very...... well........ fun!




 This one is called the Swimmer. Being a swimmer myself (there's something you didn't know), I felt a certain bond with it. I got the postcard that features it.




This piece is called Yellow, and it's his most famous piece. It's a little freaky, but pretty interesting.




They have shapes for heads! This is the literal picture of a boxy head.




This was one of my favorites. It's called Disintegration, and I could go on about how it makes you think in so many different ways, but I think its best if we all just look at it and decipher the way we choose.




I forget what this one is called, but I still like it.




This is a replica of a dinosaur skeleton. It took over 80,000 bricks to create. Its pretty cool.



This one goes without saying. 




This piece is kind of like Yellow, yet much different too. I think its supposed to mean that the Statue of Liberty is kind like the heart of New York City. 




This is a sculpture created by thousands of bricks, each bearing a name of a person who has seen the exhibit.




 There's me!



I hoped you liked this post. I know it has nothing to do with food, but I will post about my excursion to the Plaza Hotel and the Todd English Food Hall!

Have a happy holiday!

Love, Rhode Island Red











No comments:

Post a Comment